WHY DO SOLAR PANELS GET CLEANING? :
- Cleaning Solar Panels regularly can ensure a good efficiency of solar panels and reduces the cost of changing panels often.
- Many solar companies now include regular cleaning Solar Panels as a mandatory condition in their warranties. Failure to confirm routine cleaning may void your warranty, so cleaning your solar cells regularly is a good idea to ensure you’re covered.
- It is necessary to get the panels cleaned in an area of regular rain weather, as rain covers dust in it.
Tools for getting solar panels cleaned:
Solar panel cleaning can be done independently if certain conditions are met. The most effective method is using a hose and soapy water bucket.
Using harsh cleaning objects might scratch the panels, reducing their effectiveness. Also, using – an abrasive sponge and washing with soapy water is a must for cleaning solar panels without damaging them. Do not use high-pressure water, as it might damage the panel. Tips:
- Always prepare solar panel cleaning tools like brush, wipe, etc kit. Don’t rub panels harshly; otherwise, it will ruin the surface of the panels.
- Always clean panels by making them wet, or the dust particles stuck on them will be scratched.
- Using safety while cleaning is necessary, as the roof will get slippery. So, use a harness and safety equipment first.
- Don’t use any chemical detergent or chemicals, which will damage the solar panels.
Safety Consideration for cleaning solar panels:
There is some safety consideration before installing solar panels on the roof:
- Solar panels should not be cleaned in terrible weather.
- The roof should be built strongly so that it can hold the weight.
- Before cleaning solar panels, always wear safety equipment, shoes with a strong grip, harnesses, and helmets are some of the important equipment.
The top 5 steps which are used in general are mentioned below:
Getting solar panels cleaned manually is the most effective and efficient way. But nowadays, technological equipment like water sprinklers is a huge to invest in. So, as per the budget, it is easy to clean with a soft brush, bristles should be taken care of as it is used to clean the panels.
Also, we can use a water hose, but the pressure should not be over the limit, so to control it, use a nozzle. Before using water, check the temperature of the water. The force should not be more than the temperature of the water. Otherwise, It may lead to a cracking of the panel’s glass.
It is advised not to damage the solar panels; using a soft brush to scrub the dirt is advised. And if it’s dust only, use a soft brush, then water to clean it properly, or mild soap.
To ensure and measure the effectiveness of clean solar panels, it is advisable to use all necessary precautions and equipment. If the panels are working properly and generating the minimum amount of electricity, all the procedures and steps are done successfully. Always note that maximum effectiveness can be achieved by placing the panels in areas where direct sunlight is received.
Solar panels are exposed to harsh weather, pollution, snow, and bird droppings. Occasionally, insects can become trapped in the panels, causing them to become soiled. Failing to remove various types of dirt can result in decreased panel efficiency. There are situations where manual cleaning is not feasible, necessitating the involvement of a professional to clean the panels. Professionals possess the necessary knowledge of terms and conditions for proper panel cleaning, which you may not be familiar with. Furthermore, the solar panel system requires routine inspections and maintenance to ensure a longer lifespan of electricity generation.
Certain individuals may view the cleaning of solar panels as a daunting or costly task. Nevertheless, neglecting the cleanliness of panels results in decreased efficiency. To avoid the need for manual cleaning, many individuals opt to install solar rooftop cleaning systems.
Solar panels possess protective layers, but inadequate maintenance can lead to the accumulation of rust on these layers
In most cases, EPC installers suggest a 15-day cleaning routine. To ensure the longevity of your solar system spanning decades, it’s crucial to recognize the significance of regular cleaning Solar Panels.