1 .How can I save money from the solar system?
Remember the day you installed a solar system at your property, the moment you started saving money? There are 2 ways in which you can save money: FIT and Savings on Electricity Bill. During the daytime, electricity is generated by the solar system. This means you do not have to purchase any extra power from the utility grid, so you also save the amount you would have to pay for electricity to the grid. The excess electricity that is not used is sent back to the grid, and the owner gets compensated for extra unused electricity that you export to the grid. It is called the tariff and varies from state to state government policy and incentive plans.
One way to be profitable is to use maximum solar energy and lesser power.
2.What are Tier 1 Panels?
It refers to a financial ranking scale developed by Bloomberg New Energy Finance Corporation, which ranks companies manufacturing solar panels according to financial stability. But, it is not a technical ranking of panels they manufacture or any indication of panel quality or performance.
3. What are covered in warranties on solar panels and inverters in solar systems?
The warranties are mostly on Tier 1 panels, with a 10-year warranty on products and workmanship and 25 – 30 years on panel performance. If we talk about inverters, they generally have at least 5 to 10 years, but some inverters have a minimum of 10 years, and then they charge after ten years of warranty.
4. What is the performance warranty of solar panels?
As we all know, the power output of solar panels degrades over time. But a solar panel performance warranty is also a manufacturer warranty that only covers panel performance regarding power output and how much they degrade over time. But it only includes part of the product. The standard performance warranty is 25 years; in 25 years,, it almost degrades 80% of the initial power output.
5. What are the benefits of a solar energy system?
When you install solar system, you come up with many benefits for the environment as well as being the owner of the property, which includes:
- It is a clean, renewable energy resource which reduces carbon footprint.
- It saves money and also reduces electricity bill amount.
- These are less noise pollution means of saving the environment than petrol or diesel generators.
- They have a long time and require a minimum or no maintenance.
- It increases the value in terms of money of the property.
6. How can one get the most out of solar panels?
There are a few points which can be done, especially in winter:
- Keep them clean and proper maintenance.
- Angle it in a proper direction.
- Install a solar tracker
7. What should one know before installing solar panels?
- Type of Roof
- Orientation of roof
- The angle of your roof
- Climatic Condition
- Zone Regulations
- Amount of sunlight solar panels receive
8. What Is a Purchase Power agreement?
A Purchase Power Agreement(PPA) is an agreement between a customer and a third party where they both agree to install and operate a solar system on the owner’s property. The customer agrees to purchase electricity the system generates at a fixed rate but at different periods.
9. What are STCs?
Scale Technology Certificate (STC) is a renewable energy certificate (REC) used to offset the cost of initializing solar systems.
10.What is a feed-in Tariff (FIT)?
FFeed Tariff (FIT) is a govt mandate price utilized to pay for electricity generated by REC. It is a rate that the electricity retailer pays for any surplus electricity that the solar system produces. In Australia, the government has set a minimum mandatory price of $0.10/kWh.